Over the past two weekends we have been participating in the Think Pink Drink Pink promotion At Selfridges various stores, with the assistance of Sarah and the ActionAid team.
The timing of these tastings has been great, as the building work has recently been completed on the first two schools in Sierra Leone. The wine tasting events have been a great opportunity to share this progress with supporters and wine lovers in London and Manchester. We were also fortunate enough to been joined by Coronation Street’s Sally Dynevor at the Manchester event, as you can see in the photo above.
The responses that we got from shoppers and wine lovers at Selfridges was fantastic and I hope that they will take the time to share our project with their friends and family. Some of the comments that we received can be seen below.
- “I’m a teacher so of course I’ve heard of ActionAid. You’re great. What a good idea”
- “Why haven’t I seen it in any local bars – it’s fab for summer.”
- “I remember seeing this in Sainsbury’s – I picked it off the shelf because of the label. It’s lovely.”
- “I totally get it – what the kids have in Sierra Leone is inadequate.”
- “Lovely, summery drink. I love it as I live part of the year in Venice and it transports me back there.”
- “I’ve had it before, and it should come with a warning: This so good – you may find you drink the whole bottle. Yum!”
- “This is amazing! I know how these children feel. I went to school in Botswana and until Year 5 I was taught under a tree. That meant that if it rained we got sent home. I also think child sponsorship is a great idea as it helps in the long term.”